Wednesday, 1 April 2009

And it was Morning, and it was Evening, the first Day!

Hi Everyone, this is my first post of my first  day in Thailand. The Lord was gracious in my journey over here, as there were a flew delays in Boston and JFK but, I made all my connections and the flights were generally smooth. I arrived at my hotel in Bangkok around 8 p.m. in the evening and needed some sleep (I hadn't slept for about 2 days by then). Thankfully, my luggage made it here with me, and all in one piece too! The jet lag is making its presence known about now, but the stress of the last 4 weeks helps to sleep just about any time. My residence for the first couple of weeks will be here at Chawamit Place Hotel on Lat Phrau Rd.  I was fortunate to get wifi in my room and the AC works great (it was 94 degrees today) but is a welcome change from the long New England winter. I started practicing my Thai with the Rosetta Stone software that George Trainor bought me and it is really helpful. They call it dynamic immersion. It would be very helpful to work with someone who knows both languages so that I could ask questions. Thank you again for all of the prayer support and encouragement! 
In His Majesty's Service,
Mark

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark! Thanks for the first post and letting us know that you arrived safely.

    I'll be eagerly keeping up with your posts. As always, let me know if you need me to help you with anything on this site (or anything else, for that matter.)


    In Christ,
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shawn, Thanks for the help. The encouragement means a lot. I tried to post some pictures with my first post, but nothing happened. It seemed easy when you showed me the first time. Do I have to put the pictures in a special place before I can retrieve them? or can you add them to the post once you have "published" it to the site?

    ReplyDelete